Take Care Of Your Back
Diagnosis Of Back Pain:
The major causes for back pain should be diagnosed with proper tests. In case of a common or mild pain, your doctor can diagnose your back pain and condition by visualizing your capability to sit, stand and by your movement. In major cases, a full medical history and a brief physical examination along with tests are required, to determine the damage done to the back. Generally a rubber reflex hammer is used to determine the location of the pain, to know whether muscle spasms occur.
Any serious family or personal ailments like cancer, arthritis, heart problem, liver or kidney problems should be mentioned to your doctor in order to get a correct diagnosis. The patient needs to remember to mention it and stress on these factors:
1.Loss of weight, appetite, chronic illnesses
2.If there was any accident which caused injury to the neck, back or legs, etc.
3.If there is stiffness, numbness or history of any pain in the body, or weakness in the legs.
4.Problems regarding urination or any sort of infection duration of the pain, nature, the intensity and the gaps between each spasms.
The doctor has to determine the main source of the pain. This is done by asking the patient details which help him to diagnose the case and damage.
1.To stand, move and walk in different ways, on the toes, flat footed, on the heels, etc
2.To lie down backwards, sideways and frontways.
3.To see the movement of body by bending frontwards, backwards and twisting the body.
4. To walk the treadmill to see the amount of weakness while walking on toes, flat footed, on heels, etc.
5.To measure the circumference of the calves and thighs to see if there is any sort of deterioration of muscle.
6.To lie down straight and lift leg up to see if there is inflammation in the leg.
7.To test nerve function by using a pin.
There are various treatments like home remedies, where garlic is used with oil and the concoction is used to rub over the back which is effected. The juice of lemon mixed with common salt is ingested by the patient and it gives relief. At least 2,0000 mg of vitamin C should be taken by the patient on a daily basis. Raw potato in the form of a poultice is is found to be very effective for this treatment. Yoga asanas is found very helpful for this treatment. Hot fomentation and hot water compress helps too. There are 10 types of massage therapy to cure a back ache. You have to figure out which therapy is best suited for you. The first is:
- Swedish Massage Therapy where the therapist uses long smooth strokes, kneading and using circular movements on the muscles using massage lotion or oil.
- Aromatherapy Massage with the concoction of one or two or more scented plant oils called essential oils. This massage is best suited for stress related conditions.
- Hot Stone Massage where heated smooth stones are placed on certain points of the body to balance the energy of the body and to warm and loosen tight muscles.
- Deep Tissue Massage is used to get into the deep layers of muscles and connective tissues. This massage is used mainly for postural problems, strain or tight muscles or for recovery from injury.
- Shiatsu is a Japanese massaged where the fingers are used in a rhythmic sequence. Each point is held for at least 8 seconds to help the body regain energy and improve the flow of energy.
- Thai Massage is like yoga without doing work. This massage aligns the energies of the body. It reduces stress and makes the body more flexible.
- Pregnancy Massage is also called Prenatal Massage. It is used to reduce stress level, joint pains,discomfort and depression. The massage is customized according to a woman's individual needs.
- Reflexology, is known as foot massage. It is applying pressure to certain points of the foot which are corresponding to the organs in our body.
- Sports Massage is for people who are physically active. It is not necessary that you have to be an athlete to take this massage. It is meant for treating injury and being more active.
- Back Massage is another form of an ordinary massage which are offered by spas and clinics.
Other remedies that are commonly applied is electrotherapy, in which electric currents are used to stimulate the nerves on the effected parts. Acupuncture is another method of treatment, and it is a form of Chinese medicine. Surgery is the very last refuge when the nerves compression affects the communication between the brain and the body.
Prevention / Tips To Prevent A Backache:
Push rather than pull heavy objects so there wont be a big strain on the back.
If you have a job where you have to sit for long periods of time, make sure to take intervals and stretch out your body.
It is better you rather wear flat shoes or a heeled shoe of 1 inch, so there will not be a strain while walking.
When picking up a heavy object, do not bend your knees but rather squat and keep the object close to your body and then lift it.
Exercising regularly keeps one fit. An inactive lifestyle and an inactive body are both prone to lower back pain.
Healthy eating with proper intake of calcium helps prevent a back pain.
Why Does A Backache Occur:
The cause for backache should be known, so its better we go in for treatment It can be that a person is overweight and they have to lose that extra flab in order to get into their muscles into better shape, sit in a proper posture while sitting, standing or sleeping. If the pain is tremendous, then medications are prescribed, heated pads are used to relax the muscle spasms. Non prescription medicines that reduce pain and swelling like ibuprofen,acetaminophen, naproxen and ketprofen are also used. In general, staying active and doing some routine exercise is very necessary in a day to day life in order to enhance good physical health.
Back Problems And Exercise