The secret to a beautifully maintained body is to lavish it with love and care. Hygiene is more than being clean. Practicing hygiene is to keep a healthy lifestyle. It helps to prevent people from catching and spreading any kind of disease or illness. In the most common sense, hygiene means to be clean. Your health depends on your hygiene. Caring about your body smells and looks is important to your self-esteem. Body Hygiene is the principle of maintaining cleanliness and grooming of the external body. Human beings have been aware of hygiene for thousands of years. The ancient people have spent hours in the bath taking care of their bodies and making themselves presentable. Maintaining a high level of body hygiene will help to increase one's self esteem and confidence. If your body is clean and taken care of externally, then automatically you start feeling good internally too. Body hygiene depends on the culture in which you live. Culture in this context does not mean only in which city or country you live in, but also the group in which you spend most time with. Body hygiene is important for every human being, it does not cost much to be clean but to be clean it is expected that your body should be washed at least once a day and if possible, besides washing, use a deodorant to stop body odor. Sometimes regular baths along with anti perspiration and deodorants do not help and are not useful to get rid of body odor, the reason most probably be the signs of a serious medical condition. Even the intake of garlic and onions give out a bad body odor. It can be a sign of diabetes, liver disfunction, thyroid problems, etc.
How Can We Maintain Body Hygiene:
You need to maintain body hygiene not only for health sake.You can judge a person by her/his personal hygiene. This gives you a clear picture of a person's personality. A person who adhere's to body hygiene will be well equipped to fight any sort of disease or illnesses. Everyday you are exposed to the dust, pollution and grime of the roads, the heavy traffic fuels, your workplace, smoke, bacteria, etc. Clothes become unpleasant and dirty at the end of the day as they are worn the whole day. The sweat starts to make your body sticky, resulting in dirt and dust sticking to your body. At the end of the day, you end up carrying back germs home. The bacteria on your skin makes your body stale and your body start giving out a bad odor. Hair too starts to get grimy.
Why Do We Need To Maintain Cleanliness And Body Hygiene:
For most of us, cleanliness is an important issue, poor hygiene is unacceptable and unhealthy. Good hygiene regularly and thoroughly washing one's body, hands, hair, brushing and flossing teeth, caring for gums and keeping feet clean. A bacteria build-up can harm a person's health. You can keep your body clean by caring for your skin, hair, nails, eyes, etc.
1. Wash Hands:Wash hands before eating and after eating, after touching or playing with pets or any animal, before or after touching a wound, after using the bathroom, after coughing or sneezing and after touching garbage.
2. Perfumes, Colognes And Scented Soaps: Many people use some kind of perfumes colognes or scented soaps. First it was used to mask or cover the body odor, but now people use it as a way to show their individuality. Not everyone uses this and some people prefer a more natural smell. It is not bad to use cologne's, perfumes or deodorants but you should be careful to use on sensitive skin cause it might cause irritation.
3. Deodorants And Anti-Perspirants: Deodorants work to hide the body odor while anti perspirants work to dry up or control perspiration. Many products now contain both a deodorant and an anti perspirant. Different men and women use different products to suit their bodies and according to their tastes.
4. Essential Oils: The main purpose of having a bath and cleaning your body is to get it smelling good and make it clean. While having a shower, use few drops of essential oils, this will make you smell fresh for a longer duration of time.
5. Loofah: People who live in warm climates sweat a lot and they need to take care of the grime and dirt on the body. Use a gentle loofah to do away with the dead cells on your body.
6. Change Clothes Regularly: Do not re wear your clothes without washing them. This is harmful for people who perspire profusely. Make sure to wash your clothes in a good detergent with luke warm water, air it in the sun, it gets rid of the left behind bacteria. Never share underwear with anyone.
7. Use Clean Bed Linen: Make sure to change bed linen every week. It is not necessary that your linen should be expensive but it your pillows and sheets should be clean. Air bedding out regularly once a week.
8. Oral Cleanliness: Keep your teeth gums clean. Brush at least twice a day to remove food particles and bad odor from the mouth. Floss at least once a day.
Body Hygiene For Babies And School Children