Buddy Boot Camp
Never mind misery, it is really exercisers who love company. If women are a part of a group, they are happier and more likely to stick with their fitness programme. You tend to push harder when you are working out with friends. And the time just flies. A boot camp programme emphasizes maximum toning in minimum time, so pick out a handful of your friends, all at roughly the same fitness level and just get started. To get the best results from the exercise regime, follow this schedule:
Strength training and flexibility exercises to firm muscles, melt fat, and boost overall fitness. Avoid doing the Super circuit on back to back days since it is so vigorous you can quickly over do it. Warm up with a five-minute walk. Do this circuit on grass or mats, it may be hard on knees and elbows. After each exercise, move immediately to the next one to burn more calories. This is a boot camp so it is going to be hard at first. Appoint one person to lead the exercises. Another one should time them. She too can do the workout and inform when the time is up. You can increase and decrease time accordingly and freely.
1. Tummy Toner: Lie face down with your upper body propped on your forearms, elbows beneath shoulders, and your toes tucked under. Lie up your torso off the floor so that your body is in a straight line, supported by your forearms and toes. Make sure that your back does not arch or droop. Hold this position. Time:20 seconds.
2. Squats: Stand with your arms straight out in front of you, palms down, and feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart. Bend your knees and hips and sit back as though into a chair, keeping knees behind toes, until thighs are nearly parallel to the floor. Time:60 seconds.
3. Cobra: Lie face down, feet together, toes pointed, and hands on the floor directly beneath your shoulders. Lift up your chin and gently push into the floor, lifting your upper body as far as comfortably possible. Hold this position. Time:60 seconds.
4. Mermaid: Sit on your right hip with the legs extended to the side and knees front of the right one. Place your right hand on the floor directly beneath your shoulder. Place your left hand on your left leg. Lift your hips off the floor, extending the left arm overhead, so that your body forms a diagonal line. Without bending the right arm, lower your hips and left arm back to start in one smooth motion. Repeat this workout and switch sides to exercise all muscles. Time:30 seconds.
5. Tug-Of-War: Pair up with someone of equal size. Cross your wrists, grabbing your partner's forearms as she grabs yours. Lean away from each other and slowly start pulling as if you were having a tug-of-war. Keep your arms bent a little to reduce the strain on your joints and to work out your biceps. Time:60 seconds.
6. Bird Dog: Kneel on all fours, keeping your back straight. Simultaneously raise your right arm and left leg, extending them so that your fingers are pointing straight ahead and the toes are pointing back. Return to start. Repeat on the opposite side. Time:60 seconds.
7. Downward Dog: Begin on hands and knees. Place your feet hip-width apart with your toes tucked under. Your hands should be placed shoulder-width apart. Press into palms and straighten legs, lifting your tail bone up while pulling the navel in, so that your body forms an inverted 'V'. Hold this position. Time:60 seconds.
8. Reverse Curl: Lie down on your back and pull your knees towards your chest, keeping your hips on the floor. Extend your arms down at your sides with palms facing up. Contract your abs to lift your hips off the floor and bring your pelvis towards your lower ribcage, while pulling the knees towards your chest. Hold then return to start. time:60 seconds.
9. Body Toner: Stand with your arms at your sides. Drop down and place your hands on the floor on either side of your feet. Hop or step backwards into a push-up position. Bring your feet back near your hands and return to a standing position. Repeat the workout. Time:60 seconds.
10. Push And Rotate: Assume the push-up position (either from the toes or the knees). Perform a push-up. While in the up position, lift your right hand out to the side and rotate your torso to extend the right arm towards the ceiling. Return to the start. Repeat on the opposite side to exercise both sets of muscles. Time:60 seconds.
11. Bridge: Lie on your back, knees bent and feet flat on the floor hip-distance apart. Keep your arms at your sides. Contract your gluteus and lift your hips up high, trying to form a straight line from your shoulders to the knees. Straighten out the right leg and extend it outwards, keeping the toes pointed. Return to start. Repeat to the opposite side. Time:60 seconds.
Buddy Boot Camp