Hair Care For Different Hair Types
If you have curly hair, chances are that it is dry and coarse and frizzes up. Girls with long hair often long for the sleek, shiny hair that they feel they will never have. Curls have a tendency to get tangled and it can easily result in breakage and splitting. Hair is very fragile and if it is not looked aftered, then it can cause a lot of damage and curly hair being tangible, it should be kept in the best condition. Curly hair tends to frizz very easily and that is a dreaded ultimate trauma for girls who have curly hair, so what is vital is lots of moisturization to keep your curls looking sleek and avoiding those dreaded tangles.
How To Care For Curly Hair:
So it is best that if you have curly hair, never ever wash it everyday. It dehydrates the hair and then hair gets frizzy and unmanageable. Instead when hair is not washed everyday, it picks up natural oils to help keep it calm and under control. If you feel that your hair is dirty and you want to wash it daily, then instead of using shampoo, use water instead, then use a conditioner afterwards. When you wash, technique is crucial, use moisturizing shampoos and a leave-in conditioner to keep the hair moist. For curly hair, a wide toothed comb is best used. Twice a month use an intensive conditioner or hot oil treatment. Again do not rub a towel on your hair to dry it. Instead, squeeze the excess water into the towel. Apply an anti-frizz styling cream or serum to the hair while it is still damp and leave it to dry naturally, if a dryer has to be used, it should be used with moderate heat. Never tip the head upside down, your hair will get more frizzy.
Top 5 Tips For Processed Hair:
- Brushes are a common cause of frizziness. Unless you're blowing your hair straight, use your fingers to comb your hair.
- Choose to air dry or blow dry. Try them both out. Blowing completely dry can cause frizzies, but a diffuser attachment can prevent this. You may also find that if you stop before it's completely dry that will also tame the frizzies. Try to air dry on the weekends or at night.
- A good haircut is vital to maximizing curl. A cut with long layers will allow curls to fall nicely without creating too much bulk. Get a trim every 8-10 weeks to keep your hair looking its best.
- Try to find a stylist who specializes in curly hair. If you see someone with fabulous curls, ask her who does her hair. She'll be flattered and you'll have taken an important step toward loving your curly hair.
- If you think your curls have gone flat overnight don't think you need to style again. Just tip your head upside down and massage the hair near your scalp in a circular motion. This generates volume at the roots and wakes up your look.
Your 5 key products:
Moisturizing shampoo; Leave-in conditioner; Hot oil treatment; Diffuser; Boar's bristle brush;
Make your hair treatment:
For a rich, moisturizing mask that will add gloss and sheen to curly hair, combine the following ingredients:
1/2 cup olive oil; 10 drops lavender essential oil;
Place the olive oil in a small saucepan and warm it gently (the oil should not be hot, just heated). Remove from the heat and add lavender oil. Once you have double checked the temperature, apply the mixture to your hair. Wrap it in a towel to maximize oil penetration and relax for 20 minutes. Wash out the oil with a gentle shampoo (you may need to repeat two or three times) and condition well.
Care For Wavy Hair