Hair Care During Pregnancy
During pregnancy, the hair often looks its best. Pregnancy changes people's lives in several ways. Pregnancy changes a woman's body in many ways too. It is during this time that the hormones keep the hair at the growing stage for longer than usual and it appears fuller and thicker. For those who have thin manes, it is a blessing. And for those, who have thick hair, taking care of the hair during pregnancy becomes a problem. There are a lot of changes that happen to the hair during pregnancy. The hair either becomes dry or oily, thinner or thicker, and curling or straightening of the hair. So dryness, breakage and loss of hair are common complaints from pregnant women.
There are pregnancy care methods that you can follow in order to keep your hair in perfect condition, that means having healthy hair. That means you don't have to wait for that bundle of joy to arrive in order to have normal hair. The first step is to pick a hairstyle that suits your face which is blossoming and take care of the changes that is taking place in your hair. If you have grown fat and your face has become round then longer hair will suit your face better and if the hair has become dry, then it is advisable to keep it short. If you find that your hair has become oily, then a straight hair style will show off the sheen on your hair. You can disguise dryness of your hair with a layered hair cut.
Another important factor is the type of shampoo and conditioner that you are using. Make sure to use the products according to the demand of your hair, that means your hair quality. Great pregnancy hair depends upon the hair care products you use on an everyday basis. To prevent breakage, there is nothing much you can do but you can use styling products to hide that. Hair breaks off two to three inches from the roots and it can look very obvious.
Another factor is the hair loss. This takes place not when you are pregnant but after pregnancy. Hair falls at a fast and alarming rate. All the extra hair which grows during pregnancy starts to fall off. Each pregnancy is different from the other. During pregnancy, the hormones play havoc and play crazy with a pregnant woman. Unwanted hair may grow in areas women wish it did not namely the face, abdomen, back and legs. There is not much you can do about your mood swings but there is hair care that you can adhere to in bringing about changes in your hair. If hair falls, it will definitely come back. Another thing that you should avoid is chemical treatment to your hair, that is perming and hair colouring. It is not sure whether these procedures harm the woman and her unborn child during pregnancy, but precautionary measures should be taken. Natural beauty is enhanced during this period. After childbirth, you could always have a new look.
Basic Tips For Haircare During Pregnancy:
- It is better not to use a dryer during this period. Instead towel dry your hair. Use shampoo on your hair daily if you find that your hair is oily.
- It is advisable to consult your doctor and your hair expert before you get hair colouring at the time of pregnancy. There are chances that hair colouring during pregnancy affects the hair growth, loss and there are chances that curling of hair happens after a year. But so far, there is no actual evidence regarding these facts.
- Choose a hairdo that requires less styling. There are several hair styles that can be sported for-to be-moms which don't require much skill.
- Opt for homemade hair care treatments instead of going to the salon. Vegetable or fruit deep conditioning treatments are best suited during pregnancy. Ingredients such as melons, bananas, honey and natural oils can be the basic elements for a healthy hair pack.
- Hot oil treatments are good for pregnant women with no side effects. They don't have any risk factors, and should be applied to the hair follicles.
- Homemade conditioning with jojoba oil and mix it with virgin oil, and some almond oil, and pamper your tresses.
- Being pregnant is very exhausting, so hydration is very necessary, so this ritual should be repeated at least once a week.
- Scalp massage is very relaxing and gives you a soothing feeling. Do it during the hair cleansing process.
- After the nutrition mask is prepared, apply to the strands of your hair. Massage it for a couple of minutes into your scalp. This will make your scalp healthy and a healthy scalp means a shiny sheen.
- Prenatal vitamins are recommended during this period. Take your doctor's advise in adding nutrients to your diet which will be healthy for you and for your child. It benefits to make the quality of your hair good.
Hair Care After Pregnancy