Men's Hair Care Products
Hair care for men does not have to be difficult. Great hair compliments your facial structure and highlight your features without taking an hour to get it into shape. If it's one thing men care most about when it comes to grooming it's their hair. Whether it is gray, greasy, poorly cut, thinning or just falling out by the minute, it can be an instant indictment of a guy's appearance. But it does not matter as all is not lost, hair can be groomed back to being healthy by using hair care products. There are various hair care products available in the market exclusively made for men. In short, today's men are a combination of both, old and new - macho as well as metrosexual. Most of the men's hair care products like shampoos and conditioners are specially designed for them. It is necessary to know your hair type before going on a shopping spree of hair care products.
Different Hair Care Products For Men:
Men have progressed to a point where they have an entire range of hair care products such as styling mousse, hair holding sprays, hair styling gels, multi purpose hair oils, pomades, anti-dandruff shampoos, mild shampoos, tea tree shampoos, styling waxes, hair conditioners, grooming creams, hair serums, hair mattes, forming creams, shine lotions and lots more.
1. Shampoos and conditioners: These two are the most basic hair care products, for both men and women and they play a vital part when it comes to the natural care for men's hair. Today you will get all types of shampoos and conditioners available and the prices too are not so high and quite affordable. Depending on your hair type, lifestyle and existence of any sort of hair problems, such as hair lice, dandruff, hair loss, etc. you can select the shampoo and conditioner that are best suited for you. With the various brands and a wide range of available choices, selecting the right product is quite a task, if not difficult. It is better to change the shampoo after a month as it varies in the effect after a certain period of time.
2. Hair Gels: Gels are mostly water-based hair products and they serve the purpose of keeping your hair in place while giving it a wet, shiny look. Do not just buy the first tube of hair gel that you see on the rack like most men do. Neither should you buy gel by seeing an advertisement on the television. And don't let the numerous gels at dollar stores tempt you unless you read the labels carefully. It is what's inside the tube that matters and you have two main considerations to make. First, take into consideration your hair texture. If you have thick hair, you will need an extra-strength gel to hold it in place. If you have thinner hair, you can safely use a normal gel or spray gels. For thick curly hair, choose a hair gel that contains a humidity control agent to keep frizz at bay. Your second consideration is the look you want to achieve. The hairstyle ideas that follow will give you an idea of what you will need to get the look you desire. There are some more things to consider when buying a hair gel. A basic point to keep in mind is to stay away from gels containing alcohol because they tend to dry the hair out. Your choice of hair gel should make your hair feel nourished and moisturized as opposed to making it dry. And make it a point to check the labels for a non-flaking gel formula. Or before you know, an inferior quality of gel might start causing dandruff-like white flakes in your hair.
3. Styling Mousses: When mousse is applied on damp or wet hair, it takes off the frizz and gives it a natural look. On dry hair it can help to reshape or get a new style. Some hair mousse products are designed for styling hair along with hot appliances such as blow dryers or curling irons while others are designed for use with finger or air drying. Mousse is available in all price ranges but keep in mind that you do get what you pay for. Some mousse products have more hold than others.
4. Hair Sprays: It was a popular product for women but now more and more men are using hair sprays for their hair. They are used more as a hair finishing product rather than a styling product. When it is used on wet hair, it gives it a gloss and helps to maintain the style. When it is used on dry hair, it keeps the hair in place, protecting it from the sun's ultraviolet rays, forming a protective layer over the hair and protecting it from the harmful chemicals that you are exposed to.
5. Pomades and Hair Waxes: These have natural ingredients and is oil based. They are easier to use and they provide extra strong holding abilities that have appreciation in the market. Hair pomades have protection action and are suitable for all kinds of hair. All styling waxes consists of natural wax, plant extracts for hair nutrition and conditioning elements for shine and silicone for softness. The weight down the hair and flatten it.
More On Hair Products For Men