Hair Restoration Techniques
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Hair Transplant:
As hair transplant requires surgery, it can have various risk factors. Yet, despite the negative attributes, many people elect to do hair transplants.
- Hair transplant is a remarkably versatile procedure. Hair transplant can be used to treat male pattern baldness, scarring and in facial reconstruction efforts.
- Since it is a procedure that has been around for a long time, modern medicine has a firm grasp on the procedure and it has been perfected through thousands of previous attempts.
- Hair transplant works immediately. And on an average, it takes only 4 hours to complete.
- Decreased healing time.
- Decreased pain in donor area.
- Creates the possibility of harvesting body hair and beard hair.
- Useful in specific young patients that need only small quantities of grafts.
- The original blood supply is intact. 8. Connective tissue has normal elasticity.
- Hair transplant is a minor procedure but it carries a lot of risk factors, one of them being infection.
- It can be extremely costly.
- Hair transplant thins after a period of time.
- The hair transplant is generally more resistant to falling.
- May begin to see spotty scarring in donor area after a large number of grafts have been harvested.
- Capping or buried grafts may occur with certain techniques.
- Much time is given to the donor area that the recipient does not get the attention he or she deserves.
Hair Restoration Facts