Men's Scalp Care Tips
What is hair.... Hair is basically protein and has no nervous system or blood supply and it does not have repairing properties. However, the scalp does have. Since your hair is an extension of the scalp, it makes sense that if the scalp is healthy, then the hair is healthy too. For a healthy scalp, follow these quick and easy scalp care tips.The key to great looking hair is a healthy scalp. Here you can find out the treatment of dandruff as well how you can maintain healthy hair, and the answer is by keeping your scalp healthy.
1. Washing: Washing the hair will keep the scalp clean and lessen the clogging up of the pores. Use a shampoo that is mild and aromatic that is appealing to one's taste and do not keep on washing hair over and over again. The flavour does not matter as the main goal is to ensure that hair is clean and healthy.
2. Tone: Massaging the scalp helps make the nerves relaxed, it increases circulation of the blood and gives shine to the hair. Massage hair once a week. Massaging should be done in such a way that the hair is not pulled as it will weaken the roots. Massage the scalp with your fingertips giving pressure to it in circular motions. Do it for about five minutes and feel the difference. You can also massage your scalp while you are shampooing. Use the balls of your finger tips in a spider doing push-ups fashion. It is done to increase the scalp to release natural oils from the sebaceous glands as most of the oil is near the scalp.
3. Condition: Moisturizing the hair after shampoo is vital. Especially if your hair is dry, condition is very important. A herbal rinse is better for those with oily hair. These products can be made at home but you can buy them at any store.
4. Scrubbing: Using an exfoliating scrub, you can scrub your scalp once a week, this removes all the dead skin from the scalp, making it healthy. There is no special scrubs for this, you can use your face scrub if you want. Do not be rough while scrubbing the hair gently moves are better.
5. Avoid drying: Do not use excessive blow-drying for the hair. This dries the scalp. Using hot or warm water for the washing of hair dries up the scalp, taking out the natural oils. During winter, people have the tendency to use hot water for hair and that is harmful. A little luke warm water will not harm much, but it is better to refrain from warm water. Use conditioners to replenish the moisture to the scalp.
6. Avoid dandruff: Dandruff is one common menace when the scalp is dry, especially during the winter season. There are many ways to control dandruff and that is by application of henna, curd half an hour before washing the hair, adding baking soda to your shampoo, shampooing the hair with two crushed aspirins or massaging the scalp with apple cider vinegar. Make sure to wash your comb after every wash.
7. Groom: The tools to groom the hair should be correct. You can use brushes which are made out of natural bristles, wide tooth combs if your hair is curly, plastic or metal tines.
More On Scalp Care For Men