Shampoos are made to clean the hair and scalp, removing all the dirt and grime, without stripping away the natural oils. The shampoos contain cleansing agents, perfume, preservatives and conditioning agents that coats the hair shaft to make it appear thick. The shampoo smoothen the cuticle scales so the hair does not tangle. Shampoos are available in different formulas as all hair types are not the same. Make sure to choose a shampoo that is suitable for your hair and use it as often as you need to keep your hair clean. Here are some shampoo tips which will be beneficial for you:
- The kind of shampoo should depend on the hair type that you have. So choose a shampoo according to your hair type.
- Avoid shampoo's which have alcohol content as it dries the hair. Egg shampoo is good for dry hair.
- Use a mild shampoo for oily hair as a strong shampoo will strip the hair of the sebum.
- While you shampoo your hair, care should be taken.
- Do not scrub or over massage the hair.
- If you want, you can rinse your hair with luke warm water instead of hot water.
- If you find your hair too oily, add lemon juice to the luke warm water and then rinse hair. You can also use baking soda to wash off greasy hair, it will make the hair silky and soft.
- You can shampoo the hair every alternate day to keep it clean as long as you moisture your hair.
- Change your shampoo and limit your styling products every month to avoid build up.
- Thoroughly dry your hair.
- Give your hair an occasional rest from the usual routine. If you are on a vacation, you can keep your hair unwashed an extra day.
- If you are using a conditioning shampoo, do not use a conditioner after that.
- Put a dollop of shampoo in the palm of your hand according to the length of the hair and spread it between both hands. Now spread it over your hair by rubbing the shampoo through the full hair to ensure full coverage. Do not apply shampoo directly to the hair with the bottle.
- Make sure to comb your hair and remove tangles before you shampoo the hair.
- The shampoo should be gentle enough not to irritate eyes, skin or scalp.
- Always shampoo wet hair. Lather the shampoo and then massage and do not over do it with the shampoo as it does not necessarily mean that the more you use the more better job the shampoo is doing.
- If you are using an extra thickening shampoo, use an anti-residue shampoo once a week.
- After thoroughly cleaning your scalp and your hair, make sure to wash all the shampoo immediately because the detergent in the suds can dry and irritate the crown.
- After shampooing, don't rub the hair with the towel, just squeeze hair.
- Avoid wrapping towel turban on your wet hair for long, it will .