Eye make-up is the most popular type of cosmetic, and for good reason. Just the simplest touch of mascara can open up your eyes, while a splash of colour can transform them instantly. Whatever your eye shape and colour, you can take steps to ensure that they always look stunning. Many women hesitate to experiment with eye make-up, because it seems too time consuming and complicated. The sheer quantity of products on the shelves and make-up counters can make it even more intimidating. However, you can create a huge variety of looks - from the simplest to the most extreme - by opening your eyes to the basic techniques.
1. Eye - Brows:
Many women tend to ignore their eyebrows completely. Or sometimes, which is usually even worse, they will overpluck them. When it comes to eye make-up, the eyebrows make a very important impression. They can provide a balanced look to your face so it's well worth making the effort to master the technique and to get them looking right.
Define Your Eyebrows With Powder Or Pencil Color:
- To define your brows you can use eyebrow powder or pencil. Apply powder with an eyebrow brush, dusting it through your brows and taking care not to sweep it on to the surrounding skin. This gives a natural effect, and requires little blending
- Alternatively, use a well-sharpened pencil to draw on tiny strokes, taking care not to press too hard or the finished effect will be unnatural.
- Then soften the lines you have made with the eye pencil by lightly stroking a clean cotton bud through your brows.
For natural brows: For perfectly groomed brows in an instant, try combing through them with a brush to flick away any powder or foundation. Comb the hairs upwards and outwards. This will also help give you a wide-eyed look. Then lightly slick them with clear gel to hold the shape in place.
How to pluck eyebrows:
- Find where your brow should go. Take a eye shadow brush and hold it straight up. Rest it lightly against your nostril. Where the tip meets the brow is where it should start.
- Find the end of your brow by holding it with the brush from the corner of the eye. Where the inside edge of the pencil hits is where your brow should end.
- The best eyebrows have a slight arch. To know where yours should go, hold the brush so the inside edge is on the outside of your iris. where the brush meets the brow is the point where the highest part of your brow should be.
- Now it is time to pluck. Using the brightest light and a mirror, pluck the stray hairs. Pull in the direction of the hair growth. Wiping the brow with a little witch hazel will sterilize the open follicles.
More Eye Makeup - Eye Liners