Top 5 Tips For Lips:
- If you decide a lipstick is too bright for you once you have got it on - but scrubbing it off will ruin your foundation - mix a little foundation with Vaseline and smear this over the shade with your fingertip to mute it.
- For emergency rehydration, pierce a vitamin E capsule, squeeze out the contents and apply to lips.
- If your lip gloss is too gooey, run an ice cube over your lips. It will keep the shine, but stop that sticky sensation.
- Dark, matt lipsticks sometimes stain the lips. If this happens, rub the lips with olive oil.
- Lip (and tooth) brushes should be washed after contact with cold sores - or even when you have a cold - as they can reinfect you.
Top 5 Color Tricks For Lips:
- Orangey red lipsticks will highlight yellowy teeth, while bluey reds make them look whiter.
- Light shades - particularly shimmery or frosted ones - will make lips look bigger.
- Dark shades or very matt colours will make lips look smaller.
- If you are fairly tanned you should choose a slightly darker shade of lipstick than you would without your tan or you can look washed out.
- Using sheer lipsticks and lip stains is an ideal way for the nervous to branch out into deep shades like plums, raisins and reds.