Day - Time Makeup Tips
During the day, make-up should be natural. There is one thing that we cant change about ourselves and that is the skin colour, so while applying make-up, we have to be very careful about the type and colour of make-up we use. To get a natural look for daytime, follow one rule that too much applied than needed is not good and too less will make a big difference. So go nice and easy while applying, keeping this is mind. Daytime make-up should be done to make you look young and fresh all day.
Here are some easy ways to do your make-up in a jiffy so you don't have to loose time and have an over view of your face before leaving for work:
- Step 1: First off all you have to conceal all the imperfections. Take care of your under eye by using concealer, better still yellow concealer.
- Step 2: Your day should begin with your skin being cleansed. First of all, apply a foundation to match your skin tone. Apply it either with a flat sponge or your finger tips by putting on few spots and then blending it evenly. Use a concealer for dark circles if necessary. Use a foundation which dries fast and to a powder finish saves you the time to apply powder after foundation, eliminating that extra effort and time needed.
- Step 3: For the eyes, choose colours like peach, brown, pink and beige so that it will look natural. Wear a mascara which is colourless or rather apply a black mascara but not too many coats. Use a soft shade of pencil eyeliner. Use liner and mascara on the top part of the eye. Do not use any make-up on the lower eye as it will look more natural and most appropriate for day wear.
- Step 4: Apply light powder bronzer and concentrate mostly on the cheeks. Make sure you choose light colours with a shimmer and you can apply it to your forehead, chin and nose. Use a blush which can be applied quickly without having to take out too many brushes. Cream blush can be applied with the fingers.
- Step 5: Since day make-up should look natural, use lip gloss or lip shimmer instead of lipstick. With neutral and medium colours you don't have to be very precise while applying lipstick. Dark colours need precision in application.
- Step 6: We all know that our eyebrows frame our face. Start by brushing them and trimming the brows which grow wild. If you have thin eyebrows or light in colour, you can always do it up by adding a light brown eye shadow.
- For the eyes, do not use dark colours and do not pencil your eyebrows dark. It is better to avoid liquid eyeliners and not to even think of wearing false eyelashes.
- For the cheeks, do not use dark bronzer and don't apply it all over your face.
- Don't use dark lip liners and avoid bright colours for the lips.