Featured Make Up FAQs
1. Question: Can the shape of my face be reshaped by using blusher?
Answer: First smile and then apply blusher, finding the apples of your cheeks, and blend the colour by stroking upwards. For special occasions, do use the normal blusher, combine it with a barely-there highlighter colour and a darker colour than the usual blusher, it helps to reshape the face. Do this by checking out your face shape and try the following techniques:
- A round face can be made slim by blending the usual blusher upwards from the cheeks to the hairline. Use the shader along the hollow of your cheeks, highlighting your cheekbones.
- By circling the blusher on the rounded parts of your cheekbones, you can soften a square face. By applying shader in the hollows of your cheeks, and on the square edges of your chin, it will have the wanted effect. Apply highlighter on the tip of your nose and the tip of your chin, softening the look.
- A heart shaped face can be balanced by dusting your blusher slightly lower than your cheekbones and in the hollows of your cheeks. Apply shades to your temples, and applying highlighter on the tip of your chin, blend all into the skin.
2. Question: Is there any way to make my lipstick last the whole day?
Answer: The fact remains that there is no such thing as a 24 hour lipstick as the manufacturers claim. The ones with the driest, thickest textures are the ones that last the most but it makes your lips go dry. But there are lipstick sealers available which are clear gels that can be applied over lipstick coated lips. These lipstick sealers keep the lipstick put for a long time, even it could stretch till the end of the day.
3. I had plucked my eyebrows and made them thin last year. How do I re-grow them and make them thick?
Answer: A natural looking brown eye shadow will do the trick. Apply it lightly and evenly with a firm-bristled eyebrow brush, use short strokes across the brow. To keep the hair that is growing in place, use mascara cause when the hair is growing back it gets rather unruly. Don't try to follow the latest trend of keeping highly plucked eyebrows. Fashions don't last long, they keep changing like the weather but eyebrows take very long to grow back. It is better to keep your eyebrows in their natural shape, just remove the stray hairs from underneath the arch and between the brows.
More Makeup Queries