The key to makin -up successfully is to understand how to enhance your features using the best cosmetic formulations and colors. Buy the best products, brush up your technique and experiment to find the perfect look.
- It is important that you cleanse your face thoroughly before applying make-up. Use a cleansing cream or lotion, or if you have dry skin, you may prefer to use a cleansing oil.
- When cleansing, ensure you do a thorough job and cover your entire face. Once you have cleansed and rinsed your face, apply moisturiser.
- When choosing your make-up, coinsider your skin type. If you have oily skin, ensure your make-up doesn't have a creamy consistency, as this will only add to the problem. If you are lucky to have a normal skin type it is a good idea to have both creams and powders available for when the dryness of your skin varies.
- Make-up should be applied according to the shape of your face. For example, an oval face can benefit from some blusher added to the 'apples' of the cheeks. Similarly, applying blush just below the cheekbones will help to give a narrowing effect to a round face.
- Before buying, check different foundation colors on your jawline for the perfect match.
- Cream concealer is easier to apply smoothly on larger areas
- When choosing a concealer look for the color that is nearest your own skin tone rather than a lighter one. Covering a problem area with a paler shade will simply accentuate it.
- When dusting excess powder away from your skin, use your brush in light, downward strokes to help prevent the powder from getting in the fine hairs on your skin. Pay particular attention to the sides of the face and jawline which aren't so easy for you to see.
- It is a good idea to sharpen the pencil between uses. This ensures that you have a fine tip with which to work, and it also keeps it bacteria-free.
Hair Care Tips