Update Your Makeup Bag
Just like we get rid of our old clothes to make place in our wardrobe for new ones, the same way old make-up should be put aside to make place for the new ones. A make up should consists of the normal things like a new puff, sponges, a pair of tweezers, a nail filer, an eyelash curler and a pencil sharpener. Among other things it should have:
- One good eye shadow compact, preferably a dark colour that will give you gorgeous, smoky eyes.
- One liquid eyeliner of a good quality.
- One blush colour, a light shade, should be cream based or gel.
- One lip stain in a new shade for kissable lips.
- One high volume mascara to give you extra-thick and long lashes.
When Do You Need To Update :
As season changes, our make-up needs to be changed. What make up we need for summer, will not be used during winter and so forth. So we have make-up requirements of different varieties and base for different seasons and they keep changing. Make up may consist of deeper, richer hues to make your face match the clothes that you wear. This is the time when you can re-stock all the right essential make-up products you require. There are a few things that you cannot do without. So make-up bag needs to be changed for summer, winter, fall and autumn. While you use make-up, keep a track of the expiry date as using make-up beyond the expiry date will prove to be harmful for the skin. You cannot keep using the same product for years as it has an expiry date. Beauty products do have a shelf life. For example, here is how long each make-up lasts.
- Concealer lasts upto 12 months.
- Powder for 2 years.
- Cream and cleansers for 1 year.
- Pencil eye liner for 3 years.
- Eye shadow for 3 years.
- Lip liner for 3 years.
- Lipstick for about 2 years.
- Foundation for 1 to 1 1/2 years.
- Mascara most for 6 months.
- Nail polish for 1 year.
Depending on your social life, your make-up has to go for a change over too. If you have an active social life, then it is obvious that you have to make additions to your make-up kit. Upgrade it by adding party make-up.
If its the festival season, then make-up for that particular occasion has to be used. A little extra can be added to your make-up kit to add that glamour to your look.
Cleaning Your Makeup Bag