Just a spot of it at the right place can be enough to set the evening on fire. Or, the shine can blind people around you. With glitter, you have to get it right. Many young people would love to achieve a dramatic look with the use of glitter. The most important thing is to use a good product, and there are a few options that you can choose from. Using these good products, you can get a rich and dramatic look without going to a professional for help. Here are some tips on applying glitter.
For Glittery Eyes:
- Apply a layer of creamy eyes-shadow. Go for a shade that matches your eyes and attire. Purple, pink and pearl shades will go well with a fair complexion.
- Next, apply powdered eye-shadow of the same shade on top of the creamy one. This will make the shadow last for a longer duration.
- If your complexion is olive or dark go for a peach, yellow orange or golden glitter.
- Before applying glitter, gently dab some Vaseline on the eyelid with your fingers. Then, using an eye-shadow brush, apply the glitter on the eyelids. Press the brush against the centre of the lid. Use firm, short strokes to spread the flecks across your eyelid, working from the centre to the outer corner of the eye, then from the inner corner back to the centre.
- Once you have applied the glitter, you can now gently apply black eyeliner to your top and bottom lids, close to the lash line.
- Smudge it with a smudging brush to get a smoky look.
- A brown, matte eye-shadow may be applied to the brow line to accentuate your now glam eyes.
- Finish with a swoosh of glitter on your temples.
- Last but not the least, curl your lashes with an eyelash curler. Apply black or brown mascara, depending on the colour of your eyes.
Keep your colour balanced, stick with lip and cheek shades in the same colour family as your glitter.
For Glittery Cheeks:
- First complete your full make-up.
- Next, apply a spot of Vaseline on your finger tips and gently pat it on the area you would like to apply glitter.
- Then, take a clean eye-shadow brush and dip it into the glitter, dust off the excess glitter gently and then dab it on to the cheeks.
You can apply a little pearl glitter above your cheek bones as a highlighter. This will give a dramatic look.
For Glittery Lips:
- Apply a dusting of pearl glitter or any of the light pink tones after applying lipstick or gloss on the lips.
- Customize a clear or tinted gloss by adding a sprinkling of your favourite glitter and mixing it right in. Your lips will look beautiful and sexy.
For Glitter On Body Parts:
- You may want to use glitter on other body parts such as your upper arms or cleavage, instead of limiting it to the face and eyes.
- Use glitter available in gel form, it is easy to use.
- Apply it straight from the tube, it is easy.
- Body glitter is also available with a shimmer powder in it. This is applied best with a big body brush all over the chest, arms and back.
- If neither is available make your own body glitter by using a moisturizing body cream mixed with shimmer powder. Loose glitter can then be applied on top. And you are ready to shine.
More Party Makeup - Using Bold Party Make-Up