Make Up To Hide Puffy Eyes
Puffy eyes often leave us looking tired. Some of the most common factors or causes of puffy eyes are water retention, allergies and hormone changes. When we cry the eyes swell up, causing puffiness. This is due to the fact that body our body reacts to emotions and causes more blood to flow through the eyes, which leads to swelling. When you wake up in the mornings and find your eyes puffy, it takes a few hours for the puffiness to go down.
Nature' cure: The skin is very thin and delicate around the eyes. Proper eye care helps save many a trouble. The area below the eyes should be cared for very gently. Excessive rubbing or massaging below can cause lines to develop. Leaving eye make-up at night can result in puffiness around the eyes. Sleeping posture, i.e. sleeping on on your tummy, could also cause puffiness. The best solution to get rid of puffiness is to place some grated potato on eyes as soon as you wake up for five to 10 minutes. Splash cold water and pat dry. Another simple remedy for puffy eyes and dark circles is to grind some wheat grass and place it as a compress.
Colour remedy: Puffy eyes is a common problem among women over the age of 30. The use of a slice of cucumber or cold raw potatoes or an ice pack does bring down the puffiness. If you don't have time to spend making home remedies for your puffiness, try doing it with make up.
For Upper Eye Puffiness:
If you have puffiness in the upper eye portion, then you can camouflage it with dark colour eye shadow. Choose two colours, apply the darker shade from the eye brow down to the crease in the eyelid, and apply the lighter shade on the eyelid all the way to the eyelashes.
For Under Eye Puffiness:
You can hide puffiness by applying foundation. When the puffiness is noticeable, then apply a darker shade of foundation on that area compared to the lighter shade applied on the rest of the face, it helps to hide the swollen eyes.
- First of all, apply concealer all over the eyes. It should cover the entire area, from the lash line to the brows. After that, apply translucent powder.
- Apply a dark liner to your upper lashes and use an eye shadow to finish that look. To give it a finished look, apply two coats of mascara, only to the upper lashes,then curl the eyebrows.
- Apply a thin layer of a cream that contains a bit of sparkle or shimmer to the area directly underneath your eyes, just above your cheekbones. The shine draws attention away from any puffiness. You can also draw attention away from puffiness by applying eyeliner to your upper eyelid and finishing off the look with dark mascara.
- Now depending on the choice of the shade, this look can be dramatic or subdued. It is very important that you don't apply make-up to the lower eye as you want to draw away attention from the puffy eyes, but do make up the upper portion of your eyes.
- After you apply the rest of your make-up, put some blush on the lower eye area, over the bags. This will camouflage the puffy eyes up to an extent.
More Makeup Tips To Reduce Puffy Eyes