Quick - Do - Beauty
Simple Ways To Instant Perk-Up
End of a draining office day and you're feeling and looking droopy.... Yet, there's that must-do party where you need to look your best. How do you do that? You may not be carrying cartloads of make-up, and even if you do drop by at home, you may have neither time nor the energy for anything elaborate. Remember the thumb rule of beauty is attitude. Carry yourself upright and believe in your natural charm. Here are some instant perk-up ideas for a prettier you.
1. Moisturise, moisturise and moisturise: Mix in a little foundation with your moisturiser for a sun-kissed look. For more glamour, apply a pearl-finish (has soft shimmer mixed with the lotion). Else mix in loose glitter and apply instant sparkle.
2. Honey: the world's best skin glow treatment: Honey attracts water, thus keeping the skin hydrated. Dab on, let it sit for 15 minutes, wash off and you're ready to go. (Do not use if suffereng from acne).
3. To perk up sleepy or tired eyes, one of the quickest tricks is cold water: Run a spoon under water and hold to the eyes for a few seconds. The coolness of the metal is a great way to banish dullness.
4. Use more natural acids. Wash your face with pineapple or tomato juice and rub with flesh of oranges and grapes: Fruits contain natural AHAs (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) that peel off dead skin and leave your skin smooth in seconds.
5. A dab of toner on the skin does control shine if you have oily skin: But a more natural option is lemon. Use diluted lemon juice as a toner. It'll lighten up yoyr complexion as absorb excess oil (follow with a moisturiser).
6. Carry vaseline in your purse: It's inexpensive, handy and creates instant tinted gloss for your lipstick (mutes colors a bit). A clear lip balm works too (try Forest Essentials Lip Balm). Spruce up dry skin with a coat of Vaseline (comes in handy when your stockings run a ladder). A coat of Vaseline on your legs give shine.
7. Exfoliate With Sea Salt: Sprinkle some on a dab of cream. Scrub your skin, but do not rub too hard or roughly. Shower off and dry.
8. Don't go in for messy and time-consuming hairstyles: Keep your hairstyle simple and manageable. Try snag-free ponytail holders. These will keep your hair from breaking and subtly 'lift' your face. Wrap up hair in a scarf for the drive for not-a-hair-out-of-place perfection.
9. Fresh milk to refresh: Milk hydrates your skin. Give your face a splash of fresh milk, wash off with lots of water, pat dry and watch the results. (Another skin elixir is water - sip at least eight glasses of water a day for hydrated skin).
10. Carry a pack of wet tissues: They remove dust, grime and stale make-up in a jiffy for a quick look-good. Choose a fragrant type for more feel-good.
More Tips For Instant Perk-Up