Romantic Makeup Looks For Valentine's Day
No matter whether you are single and ready to mingle or in love already in a steady relationship, you can use the following guide to play up your natural assets with these wild eye-catching effects. We can guarantee that no man will be able to resist you! Try them:
Makeup For Irresistible Pout:
No mortal man can resist a shiny red pout - it's the signature look of a classic romantic look. But the most modern way to sport scarlet is to go for a powerful opaque and glossy effect. Here's how:
1. For long wearing results: Use a small brush to line and fill your lips with a matte-red lipstick. Try Revlon's Colorstay Lipcolor in red or Maybelline's Great Wear Lipcolor in Vamp Red. Then blot with a tissue to set the color.
2. To play up the natural curves of your lips: Dab a thick red gloss on the center. Try L'Oreal's Rouge Pulp Liquid Lipcolor in Carnal. Added bonus: Gloss won't run outside the lines when it's concentrated in the middle.
3. Remaining Makeup: Keep the rest of your makeup to a minimum with just a touch of mascara. Try Chambor's Mascara Creme.
Makeup For A Smouldering Stare:
Go from plain party girl to playful predator with an updated twist on the timeless cat-eye effect. The unconventional color pairing of blue and burgundy will brighten any eye color. To score this look:
1. Eye Liner: Using a deep blue pencil, line lower lashes, then draw a line just below brow bones. Connect both lines slightly past outer corners of eyes. Try Avon's Glimmersticks in Cosmic Blue.
2. Softening Effect: Next use a navy shadow and a flat liner brush to retrace the lines, softening the effect. Try Le Teint Ricci's Eyeshadow in Bleu de Chine, and Vega's Liner Brush.
3. Eye Shadow Powder: Sweep a burgundy powder over the cream shadow, filing in the entire area, and add a little just below your tear duct. Orchids Inspirations' Eyshadow in Carnival.
Finishing Touches: Finish off the look with lots of mascara and a neutral lipstick. Try Maybelline's Wonder Curl Mascara, and Lakme's Vitamin Enriched Lipstick in Barely There.
Makeup For An Exotic Seductive Look:
Snag an ectra stare or two with exotic emerald eye hues and shimmery green nails. This is such a seductive look, and it's so simple, you really can't make a mistake:
1. Base: To get a glosing just-made love look, apply a subtle foundation to your face. You can use Elizabeth Arden's Flawless Finish Mousse Makeup.
2. Glow Effect: Ro nab the eye effcet, dab a luminiscent green shadow on lids, concentrating color in the inner corners. This will create a glow around your eyes. Try Chambor's Trio Eyeshadow in No. 23..
3. Eye Liner: Now take a liner brush and underscore your lower lash lines, using the green cream shadow. Try YSL's Ombres Sur Mesure Perfecting Eyeshadow in No. 7. Top off lashes with soft black mascara. Try Oriflame's Aqua Lash Mascara.
Nails: As for the nails, try a gilden dark green nail tint such as L'Oreal Paris' Jet-Set Quick Dry Nail Enamel in Lickety Split.