Deep Tissue Massage
Deep tissue massage is a massage technique that focusses on the inner layers of muscle tissues, releasing tension of the muscles through deep finger pressure and low strokes on the affected areas. It helps get rid of scar tissue. The main purpose is to unstick the fibers of the muscles and release both toxins and tension. It is beneficial for areas like stiff necks, sore shoulders and lower back pains. Deep tissue massage focuses more on specific areas and sometimes may cause soreness during or right after the massage. But if the massage is done in a correct way, you will surely get relief within a day or two.
Types Of Deep Tissue Massage:
There are two types of deep tissue massage. It is both corrective and therapeutic and uses two methods, direct or indirect and is effective in releasing deeply-held patterns of tension, removing toxins, relaxing and soothing muscles.
- The first method which is the direct method applies pressure to the muscle with the intention of finding the tenses muscles in the body, and maintaining the pressure until the muscles are loose and tension is released.
- The second method which is the indirect method moves in the opposite direction of the resistance.
- With both techniques the amount of pressure applied is dependent on the amount of resistance or stress level of the muscles.
- Fingertips, knuckles, hands, elbows, and forearms are all used with long, slow strokes.
- Deep tissue massage does not require all your strength, nor does it require to be painful and just applying pressure for the sake of it is insignificant.
- There are other methods of this massage namely:
- Polarity therapy
- Thai massage
- Trigger point therapy.
Benefits Of Deep Tissue Massage