Spa Treatments For Moms
Pregnancy Spa Treatments:
Spa services today extend to the pregnant and expecting ladies to alleviate those aches and pains during pregnancy. Pregnancy massages, Exotic Pedicures, Hot stone pedicures, glowing facials are all done by experts to bring relief during those nine months and make the mom-to-be feel special and cherished. During the prenatal period due to hormonal, physical and emotional changes the pregnant woman may need a spa massage to soothe her sore muscles, reduce back pain, and a pedicure to bring relief to her legs which swell while bearing the extra load during this period. Massages should be done on tables which have a cutout for the belly. In the absence of such tables the belly can be rested with pillows or one can also use a massage chair, whichever is comfortable. Avoid having your abdomen or breasts massaged during pregnancy as this may cause contractions. However avoid lying flat on your back for massage during and after the 2nd trimester. Avoid the use of strong fragrances and essential oils and other chemical ingredients for massage or facial as these may harm you. Refrain from taking treatments which involve the use of heat as these might increase the body temperatures. Always check if your therapist is certified to undertake prenatal massage and treatments. Perineal Massage during the final stages of pregnancy prepares the perineal tissues for stretching during child birth. .
- Lie on your side with cushions and pillows if there are no pregnancy massage tables available.
- Avoid deep massage of back or abdomen as it may cause spotting or cramping and contractions.
- Avoid eating anything before a massage as it can cause nausea or dizziness after the pregnancy massage.
- Inform your therapist about any complication of pregnancy.
- Massaging may induce sore muscles which can be relieved by drinking a lot of water.
- Consult your Gynae before scheduling a spa visit.
- Choose a licensed prenatal massage therapist for your treatment.
- Be aware of what the therapy involves and what ingredients and products are being used for Therapy.
- Avoid waxing during pregnancy as your skin sensitivity is different during pregnancy.
- Avoid sun beds and sun tans during pregnancy.
- Avoid acupressure, jacuzzis, hot springs and mineral springs during pregnancy.
Postpartum Spa Treatments