- Most of the spas are booked for the weekends therefore it is advisable to book appointments in advance. Do mention the details and present a gift certificate if you have before you start with the spa procedure so that you can be informed any additional information or policy that may affect the use of the certificate.
- Do note that if you do reach the spa at the right time of appointment then, the time left for your your treatment will not be enough, in fact it will be shortened, as it is a policy for most spas to vacate the area 5 minutes before the arrival of the next customer to prepare the room with the necessary equipment or cleaning that is required.
- You can request for a tour or demonstration of the treatment that you will receive in order to acquaint yourself with the process if it is your first time for the particular spa treatment. Accordingly you can tour through the relaxation rooms, saunas, and massage rooms.
- Day spas have both female and male therapists, so if you have a preference, do let the spa know this in advance to avoid discomfort in the spa process, however the choice is disposed to availability only, or you can always fix the day of appointment when the therapist of your choice is available.
- Most spas have cancellation policies that involve partial payment or full payment, although in some places a 24s notice is is the minimum time required to book a cancellation, or even 48 hours if you have booked a package deal; because the spa has to pay the therapist regardless of the client's arrival or not.
- The kind of clothes you are clad in; on arrival at the spa should depend on the kind of treatment that you, as some treatments can be taken in the nude such as hydrotherapy, while certain treatments can be taken with a bathing suit on like a whirlpool and a sauna, while some can treatments are such that can be done with all your clothes on as well, robes and slippers are provided by the spa. The therapists usually leave the room while you are about to change and enter only after you are draped in a towel, and will only massage that part of the body that is uncovered, and they also leave the room before you can get your clothes back on.
- If your visit to a particular spa is for the first time, do let the spa people know about this, so that they will ask you to fill out a questionnaire as it is mandatory that you inform the spa about the information they require about your medical history and contact information. Certain treatments may not be conducive to your existing health problem if any, also inform the person concerned if you are wearing contact lenses.
- It is not in good taste to forget your jewellery at the spa and then involve a whole lot of people in the search, it is a time consuming and stressful ordeal, therefore be mindful of the articles of monetary value that you carry along with you, and most of all avoid carrying any such items with you if possible.
- Do note that there age restrictions in many spas therefore always make necessary arrangements before going to a spa, so it is always advisable to find out the details in call.
- Any kind of scheduled body work should be completed at least two hours before a massage, be it shaving or bathing.
- Contact with sunray should be avoided on the day of the spa treatment, including then following few days.
- Meals should be taken two hours before a treatment as spa treatments usually involve lying down which is not advisable immediately after a meal.
- Any tips or pourboire given to the staff at the spa is not a usual part of the bill however it is given it is always graciously accepted. However in certain spas they do include a gratuity therefore it is always good to ask while fixing the appointment, and certain spas also have envelopes for the purpose, to include both your name and the person at the spa the tip is intended for.
- Features of the treatment can be altered, extended or shortened as per your choice and requirement, even other minute details such as room temperature, music, conversation preferences ( you mat choose to have a conversation or request silence). Even if you feel at any point that the service was unsatisfactory do let the therapist know, or else the supervisor or center manager may also be informed in absence of a satisfactory response.
- Shaving in the steam room is prohibited.
- Do keep your cell phones switched off along with pagers.
- Conversations should not be made at inappropriate places and the volume of conversation should be low as well.
Benefits Of Spa Treatments