Types Of Spas
If you are planning to visit a spa you need to know the types of spas available and then check which spa type suits your need best befor choosing your ideal spa:
- Destination spas: These are spas specialising in spa treatments along with spa cuisines, spa immersion experiences, fitness sessions, educational classes to destress your body / mind / spirit and state-of-the-art spa therapies and therapeutic treatments.
- Resorts / retreats / Hotel spas: These are spas which are part of a hotel or resort providing many activities like fitness classes, sports activities, entertaining events, adventure camps and many more apart from their spa therapies. The guests staying at the resort get complementary spa services and activities.
- Medical spas: There are a wide variety of treatmnts offered in a medical spa for various clinical disorders as mentioned before right from Skin Pigmentation, Scar Treatment, Wrinkle Reduction and Tissue tightening. Some medical spas offer wellness options and other services like acupuncture, nutritional counseling and naturopathic doctor consultations. However do note that a medical spa offers a combination of regular day spa treatments along with medical service.
- Mineral Spring Spas: A mineral springs spa contains a natural source of mineral water that you can soak in. Natural mineral such as bromine; sulphur; iodine; manganese; iron; sodium; potassium; magnesium; calcium etc., in different measures in different springs, and spas always document the exact content of each mineral for the knowledge of the client, and different compositions serve different ailments.
- Day Spas: If you are looking for a day-long holiday at a spa along with your family or friends, then a day spa is ideal for you. These are spas which cater to the individual guest as well as a group. Packages are also available along with a la carte menus for spa treatments. Some Day spas also offer spa lunches or dinners depending upon the time when you are booked for your spa treatment.
- Elite Club Spas: These are spas meant only for members and are very luxurious and expensive with exceptional spa services, high-staff-to-guest ratio, extraordinary spa atmosphere, luxurious accomodation, individualised outstanding cuisine and other facilities.
- Mobile Spas: If you are planning a get-together, party, bridal showers, baby showers or any spa party within a budget, a mobile spa is the best option as these spas offer spa treatments at the place of your choice, maybe your home or office or elsewhere.
- Cruise Spas: There are spa therapies and healthy spa cuisines available on cruise ships also where passengers can avail of spa services and rejuvenate while on sea on a voyage. These need to be booked in advance and if opting for a package, check what you will be paying for and what is included in your package. Do check whether the spa treatments offered such as body massages, body wraps, sauna, facials, body polishes, fitness classes are under supervision and are conducted by experienced therapists.
- Alternative Medicine Spas: These are spas dealing with and specialising in alternative medicine as a therapy, such as shiatsu massage, acupuncture, ayurveda, accompanied by related fitness classes such as tai chi, yoga, pilates, meditation etc.
- Detox Spas: The detox spas target these toxins present in our bodies and eliminate them using treatments such as Colon hydrotherapy, juice fasting, herbal enemas which cleanse the colon, lymphatic drainage massages. Ayurvedic detox programs accompanied by meditation and yoga and dietary changes and body wraps. Before choosing a detox spa ensure that the detox programs are conducted under medical supervision by trained people and also the total cost involved along with the number of days needed. If you are going for a tailor-made detox treatment packages depending upon your body toxin level, check which treatments your would undergo and their benefits and precautions to be undertaken.